OCCASIONAL USAGE [Really Tight Budget, Bright Picture Required]
Examples: Family reunions, Parties, Ceremonies - when you want to make a great impression but have a limited budget.
- DLP projector for $150-$200
- 2500+ ANSI lumens
WEEKLY USAGE [School/College, Church]
Examples: For teachers, consider a ‘Short Throw LCD Projector’ that will not blind teacher’s eyes every time he/she looks at the projector. (Search “short throw projector” for more information).
- LCD projector 2000+ (recommended for a darker room) or 2500+ ANSI lumens
Important Note: DLP projectors are not recommended in this case. They are less reliable and create a rainbow effect in motion images. (Search: “DLP projector rainbow effect” for more information).
COMMERCIAL USAGE (Powerpoints, Short Video Presentations)
- Use LCD for lower-speed presentations, such as PowerPoint presentations. They produce richer color, more reliable in transportation, but bigger.
- Alternative: Use DLP for video presentations or when the size and weight are of importance: 3-4lb for DLP vs 6-7lb for LCD.
WEEKLY USAGE (Home Theater, Games)
- High contrast LCD (preferably) 2000:1 or more
- 3D DLP 3000+ lumens for 3D movies
- Native Wide Resolution or at least 1024x768
- 2500+ lumens
- HDMI input
OCCASIONAL USAGE (Home Theater, Games)
- DLP 2500+ lumens with HDMI adapter
- 1080i supported
- Brightness of the projection is even more important outdoors. Please look for larger, commercial-grade projectors. They have better cooling abilities and can better cope with different weather conditions (temperature, humidity, etc)